Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thomas Drinkard Interviews IAN Member Al King


This interview was previously published at Thomas Drinkard's blog http://brinson1.wordpress.com/


This morning’s interview is with Al King who has written a motivational book, Let It Be Known: The Al King Point of View. Let’s let Al tell us his story.

T. Hello, please give us a bit of biography to start.

A. I am Al King, an entrepreneur, motivator, and new author. I have been working as a Real Estate Broker for the past few years but my passions have always lain in creating my own situations. I grew up in the Bronx (NYC) the eldest of four siblings and did everything in my power to ensure that my family was provided for. As an adult, I feel like I never had a childhood because of being forced by life experiences to grow quicker.

T. When did you start writing?
A. Probably since I was old enough to make sentences and I have always been intrigued with writing down my thoughts.

T. Was there a favorite writing teacher or mentor?
A. Not at all, I would have to say my teacher was life itself.

T. Please tell us about your current book.
A. My current book Let it Be Known ,The Al King Point of View is my first novel; it is a motivational, instructional, empowering and inspiring piece of work that encompasses my perspective on a wide array of life’s matters. There is something in it for everyone, from any walk of life. It’s an honest conversation between the reader and myself on some of the things we face each day, ranging from my outlook on relationships to boundaries and standards that are needed in your life. Considering the economic hit that this country has taken over the past few years it has caused people to resort back to reality, authenticity of what life entails. This book will deliver that tone, that emotion that I feel has been lost.

T. Do you have a sequel or prequel in mind or in progress?

A. Absolutely, I actually have 2 more editions to follow (god-willing) if this initial novel is well received. It was actually a challenge to choose what would be in this edition that I’m presenting.

T. What are your ideas about the future of digital publishing?

A. I love it, I think it has enabled the entrepreneur and self-published author to become empowered for one and also provide the consumer with the product more efficiently. We are transcending into a new wave, something different and fresh.

T. Anything else to share?

A.I would like to thank you for this interview and look out for my novel Let it Be Known this coming Feb/2011. I look forward to what the future has aligned for me and I just thank God for using me as a vessel for conveying words.

T. Thank you.

The Let It Be Known Blog

Al King at IAN

Thomas Drinkard at IAN

No comments:

Post a Comment